Wednesday, August 20, 2008

More axe sharpening

It is so important. Sharpening the axe/ getting your goals solidified, is key to getting a product rather than making a useless contribution. I was reading the book "Science of Survival" over the weekend - or more precisely the chapter on Pleasure Moments - which jumped me into the concepts of Happiness as different to Pleasure, as different to Passion. All three are important aspects to living and to getting the result you want. Currently my view of it is that your derive pleasure from having the money if you have set a goal for its use, while happiness is derived from the overcoming of the obstacles encountered in the activity of making the money, and the passion is the measure of intensity and joy exhibited in getting the actions done. For me, I have to work on the passion as it is not in large measure right now. It may be that there is a cold hard intensity at work as I am certainly driven to making a success of myself. I work at it for long hours, but I see I could do more with the time I have. So for now I am dissecting the passion in hopes of locating the spark of it so I can pour gasoline onto the spark! What a fire we then would have!
Custom Search
Add to Technorati Favorites

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home