Sunday, August 10, 2008

Money is a tool. It is not the goal of endeavour. At least it should not be. It is the medium of exchange to enable you to get what you want. As with any tool you have to know how to use it. Sorry is the fellow who has to much month at the end of his money. He obviously spent without seeing what the prudent course was! I have fallen into the trap of listening to friends who needed that bit extra to survive another month. Or other friends who felt I was a good guy and wanted me to contribute to a good cause.

But I fear I have over-reached myself.

Interest has ballooned to usury levels. 25% on one credit card rather than the 1.9% which I have on the 2nd best card. Best is 0% which lasts but 4 months longer! Bother! I hate paying that much interest!

So how come I got myself in this position? To a degree I am a soft touch, a sucker for the plea of distress. But seeing where it got me, I now need to put discipline in so it does not happen again.

Easier said than done!

There is a drill that was proposed by L. Ron Hubbard whereby a finance person stood in front of a mirror and said "no" until they achieved the ability to say that without feeling funny about it. Well I need to do that drill again!

Yet I must say I can say "no" when it is someone else's money. But when it is mine, it becomes a different story!

Next post can go over this dilemma, as it surely is a sore spot!
Custom Search
Add to Technorati Favorites

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home